Friday, September 12, 2008

Hibiscus Beach Pants


I don't know why I bought this fabric. It's really not my taste, and I don't have much experience sewing cotton jersey. But it was about $2 a yard at Jo Ann last year, so there you have it. Anyway, I sewed these simple pants for baby to wear to the beach with a white tank top, since they have the ocean colors and beachy hibiscus graphic. I wish I had used two rows of straight stitching around the bottom instead of the elastic zigzag, but I'll know for next time. I made the pattern by tracing around some American Apparel karate pants, size 18-24 months, that I have hanging in the closet for fall. I just made the waist a little smaller. These actually look exactly like the American Apparel pants, except for the waist band (skinnier -- I'll make it fatter next time) and hemming stitch. I think they turned out cute, and they fit her perfectly.


No comments: