Monday, May 18, 2009

Fabric-Covered Box: Before And After


My little girl received a birthday present back in March in this sweet Papyrus gift box. It's such a pretty box, but it got pretty beaten up by the USPS. So, we decided to recover it with fabric.



Shockingly (not), I covered the bottom of the box in Heather Bailey Freshcut fabric. The top is covered in a coordinating print from Moda. The top is covered in the method of wrapping a present, but for the bottom, I just wrapped a strip of fabric around it. I hemmed the bottom of the strip and covered the top of the strip in grosgrain ribbon.



I glued all the fabric to the box with Mod Podge, and I used Terrifically Tacky Tape to put on the ribbon. I'm using the box to store blank, ready-to-decorate cards.

Have a great night!


6 comments:

Alison said...

I love Terrifically Tacky tape! It's a miracle worker. Adorable box!

nap time journal said...

What a great thing! It turned out so cute!

Stephanie said...

LOVE this idea.. I just might have to make one for myself now! Thanks!

Veronica said...

I may have to try this. So cute!

Anna O'Reilly said...

Love that box!

Katie said...

Is there anything a little Heather Bailey fabric won't make better?