Monday, June 1, 2009

It Looks Better On Her


I am in a big-time cleaning out mode, including the contents of my closet. Soooo, this means lots of new "fabrics" to turn into craft projects. Woo. This jersey knit skirt was a little top from Target that never looked all that good on me. However, I loved the tulip print fabric. So I cut the shirt just below the bust, serged the raw edge, folded it under, sewed all the way around and then ran some elastic through for the waist. SUPER easy and took only a few minutes. Plus, look at that fancy professional hem. My husband actually thought I sewed that (I wish!), not realizing that it was the hem from the original shirt. You should do this too!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I have a bag.. forgotten in my kitchen when I went into town full of Sally-Ann goods... I might have to go through that bag and pull out some of those shirts!
Thanks!

Veronica said...

Cute! What a great idea!

nap time journal said...

great idea! I too made something for my girl to wear today....and I get the cleaning out mode thing too :)

Small Fry and Co. said...

I have a whole stack of old shirts that I wanted to turn into something else. Love this idea.

Ashley said...

So cute. I love using women's t-shirts for skirts because they are already an A-line shape!

http://lilblueboo.blogspot.com/2009/04/recycle-your-t-shirtinto-toddler-skirt.html

Love your blog! I'm a follower now ;)