Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Easy And Inexpensive Wall Art


I finally took down the the three framed Il Piccolo Principe calendar pages from my little girl's room. Since each one was in a 14 by 14 frame, I needed something pretty big for the space. Fortunately, I found this gigantic 28 by 28 frame at Goodwill for five dollars and had my husband spray paint it. I took a bunch of five by five fabric squares (cut out while watching Hidden Palms on Netflix) and sewed them together. It doesn't have to be perfect -- you can see how mine aren't lined up. I don't know how you quilter peeps do it. Anyway, I wrapped the finished squares around a piece of stuff that is similar to corkboard that my husband fished out of the garbage, but you could use foamboard or a recycled bulletin board too. I had to nail it into the frame, but it turned out pretty good, I think. After we get it hung up, I'll post a picture.

PS -- Thanks for your encouragement Lizzie. You're the best!


9 comments:

KH said...

I've missed you! And of course you come back with a bang. Love it, it looks great and so easy and cute.

Anonymous said...

I really, really love that! What a great idea!!

LizzieB said...

What a wonderful idea!!! I can't wait to see what other creative beauties you come up with!

Veronica said...

I love it! What a great idea!

My Back Porch said...

What a darling idea! I have a really long wall that I didn't know what to do with and I have a country cottage decor. I think something like this would be perfect, matching and contrasting the fabric in the room already. thanks.

Xenical said...

Content Xenical - orlistat (OR lih stat) is designated as an inhibitor for obesity management that acts by inhibiting the inclusion of dietary fats. Pillslim is the fastest growing online source for Xenical information.

South Florida wrongful death lawyer said...

There is noticeably a bundle to find out about this. I assume you made sure nice factors in options also.

On the supplements said...

There is noticeably a bundle to find out about this. I assume you made sure nice factors in options also.

Angel said...

potluck last night and got rave reviews. My strawberries ended up darker, but were delicious. I had extra strawberries that needed to be used so I roasted them all. I was glad I had extra for topping!