Friday, June 6, 2008

Candleluxe


I've never been much of a candle person . . . too scared of fire. But then I go into a spa or a boutique where candles are burning, and the whole room is subtly scented with fresh flowers or herbs or eucalyptus, and it makes me want to run right out and buy a whole housefull of candles. Of course, you can buy candles anywhere, and candle people have their favorite sources and scents. So I've picked out some that are exceptionally beautiful and smell divine, including the Creed "Spring Flowers" candle pictured above, available online at Aedes.



One of my favorite companies in the world is Pacifica Naturals. Her candles smell so good I can't even describe it. This is my current favorite, Egyptian Bergamot Rose. Available at Whole Foods and online.


Thymes Eucalyptus is one of the freshest, most classic fragrances on the market. I use the liquid handsoap in our guest powder room and get compliments on it all the time. So the next time I have people over, I think I'll light the candle as well. Available online.


Just because you could spend all day looking at the clothes at Anthropologie does not mean you should skip a trip to the back of the store, where you will find a beautifully selected group of bath and body products, including a nice selection of candles. Some are packaged exclusively for the store, like this beauty by Ilume in pink grapefruit (and three other scents not pictured).
Ah, Red Flower how I love thee. This favorite bath & body site also has a fab selection of candles, including this jasmine-scented one that comes complete with jasmine buds in a container on top. Available online.



Are you a really generous gift-giver? If so, consider this "luxury" Jo Malone candle. It's the large size like they burn in the stores where Jo Malone is sold (e.g., Neiman Marcus), and it has four wicks and burns for 40 hours. It comes in several of the most popular Jo Malone scents. Available online.

No comments: