Sunday, March 15, 2009

I'm Back . . . Woo


So I finally got a chance to make something. I really have spent the last two weeks de-Marthaing and putting everything into nice, neat binders. Now that I am finished, I decided to work on a project I've wanted to do for a while -- a covered canvas to hold hair clips, following this easy peasy tutorial by the lovely Julie at Joy's Hope. I used Michael Miller Waterlily fabric in blush and some green grosgrain ribbon from Michael's. I also found an old frame, which has been sanded, painted and is currently drying in the garage. I'll update when it's framed and in place. This is seriously the easiest project on the planet, and I got the canvas at Michael's for $8.99, less 40% off coupon. This could be a gift that looks much more expensive than it cost to make.

3 comments:

Alison said...

I love it!

Annie said...

How did the binders turn out?

I'm glad you posted this, because I've been meaning to make some fabric covered canvases to cover my empty walls. That tutorial does look simple, so I should really just get off my butt and get it done!

zakkalife said...

what a lovely idea, I'll have to bookmark this